Play Angry Birds Rio right in your Mac OS X Dashboard.
Otomata is a generative sequencer. It employs a cellular automaton type logic I’ve devised to produce sound events.
Each alive cell has 4 states: Up, right, down, left. at each cycle, the cells move themselves in the direction of their internal states. If any cell encounters a wall, it triggers a pitched sound whose frequency is determined by the xy position of collision, and the cell reverses its direction. If a cell encounters another cell on its way, it turns itself clockwise.
This set of rules produces chaotic results in some settings, therefore you can end up with never repeating, gradually evolving sequences. Go add some cells, change their orientation by clicking on them, and press play, experiment, have fun.
Click on the grid below to add cells, click on cells to change their direction, and press play to listen to your music right in your Mac OS X Dashboard.
Circuli is a generative sound generator that helps you create ambient sound scapes to listen and have fun right in your Mac OS X Dashboard.
- Circles grow at a constant rate.
- No two circles can overlap.
- Bigger circle pushes and shrinks smaller circle when in contact.
- A circle “pops” and makes a sound when its boundary intersects with the center of another circle.
- The pitch of the sound is determined by the position of the circle on the background. Bigger the hole, higher the pitch.
- The envelope of the produced sound is determined by a number of parameters including final circle size and time of interaction between two involved circles.
Seaquence is an experiment in musical composition. Adopting a biological metaphor, you can create and combine musical lifeforms resulting in an organic, dynamic composition right in your Mac OS X Dashboard.
How to play
The way each creatures looks and sounds is determined by the step-sequencer pattern, and other parameters you can tweak including their audio waveform, octave, scale, melody, envelope, and volume.
You can add multiple creatures to your dish by clicking the ‘add’ button at the top right of the screen. The combination of different creatures results in unique compositions that always change due to the creatures movement. You can click and drag on the world to move around your composition.
Compositions can be saved by clicking ‘share’, which can then be sent to others allowing them to hear what you’ve made.
- The 12 blocks under the sequencer represent the scale. Play with different combinations to modify the tonality of your melody.
- The + and – next to the scale represent the octave of the waveform.
- The waveform control points that modify the envelope can result in some very unique sound qualities.
- Click+Drag on the number underneath the waveform to change the waveform length.
- Mouse-wheel up and down on a creature to change its volume.
Monkey Machine is a Drum Machine for creating drum loops and providing rhythmic accompaniment for musicians right from your Mac OS X Dashboard.
Monkey Machine features are:
- Over 20 high quality drum kits provided by Natural Studio and Hydrogen.
- Extremely accurate timing.
- Online drum beat database with over 10 000 downloadable drum beats.
- Export drum beats as MIDI files.
- Tap tempo.
- Variable time signatures.